Artificial works in these steps:
- Collecting the specific data
- Analyzing the data for associated patterns for creating algorithms
- Combining and optimizing this algorithm to complete a specific task in an orderly manner, with or without human intervention.
THE TWO KINDS OF AI:
Weak AI and strong AI are the two kinds of artificial intelligenceWeak artificial intelligence which is also known as Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI) or Narrow AI is where the system is trained exclusively to complete a specific task like Siri from Apple, Alexa from Amazon, driverless cars and autonomous mobile robots (AMRs)
Strong AI consists of Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) and Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI). Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) means the programming that can mimic human intelligence to take a task of analyzing the problem, learning the solutions and planning the right programming for turnkey solutions of the future.
Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI) which is also referred to as super intelligence is nothing but transcending the human intelligence. Though there are no practical examples available regarding Strong AI but when presented with a task they can give an indefinite solution to use the skills and facts from one network to another to find the appropriate solutions independently.
THERE ARE FOUR TYPES OF AI:
- Reactive machines: Are the basic level AI systems, which have no past memory and can understand and respond to only a restricted degree of specialized duties. Examples of reactive machines are Deep Blue – IBM’s Chess playing computer, getting Netflix program recommendations based on your search etc.
- Limited memory: Is where the system has the ability to store the past data and facts to predict the right prognosis based on the data. Like self-driving cars which store data collected in the recent past drives to make instant decisions. Virtual voice assistants like Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri and Microsoft’s Cortana come under limited memory AI.
- Theory of mind: Just like how people have their emotions and feelings affecting their decisions similarly programming systems will learn to make certain decisions keeping in mind the thoughts and feelings of a human or machine. Example of self-driving cars that make decisions based on its perceptions of how to infer mental state of a human driver and pedestrian in real-time.
- Self-awareness: An AI that can understand its presence in the world and take quick and right decisions based on its understanding of human-level consciousness of emotions and behaviour. This is the next step of Theory of minds AI. There are no real examples of self-awareness AI.